Breaking WhatsApp Adds Official Method To Move Chats From Android To iOS | Know How To Transfer Chats!
Mark Zuckerberg announces the ability to move chats to iOS. After declaring significant changes for the Cloud API at the Conversations 2022 keynote, Mark Zuckerberg just revealed on Facebook another top requested feature for WhatsApp: Adds Offical Method To Move Chats From Android To iOS!
Bored Of Reading? Listen to This News HERE;
Compatibility For This Feature;
WhatsApp version which is required for iOS 220.127.116.11 and WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 updates are marked as compatible versions.
Last year, WhatsApp has released a new feature that lets users migrate their chat history from iOS to Android: at first, it was limited to some Samsung phones, then Google enabled the support for all Pixel devices.
Today, Mark Zuckerberg announces the ability to move chats to iOS. After declaring significant changes for the Cloud API at the Conversations 2022 keynote, Mark Zuckerberg just revealed on Facebook another top requested feature for WhatsApp: Adds Official Method To Move Chats From Android To iOS!
Official Method To Move Chats From Android To iOS
Before starting the process to migrate the chat history, note that you need to at least have Android 5 installed on your Android device and iOS 15.5 on your iPhone. Since iOS 16 is a beta version, it is not assured that it will work or not as WhatsApp does not provide support for beta versions of iOS.
- Please connect both of your devices to a power source. It is not needed a cable to migrate your data, in this case: just connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your iPhone must be factory new or just reset it right within iPhone settings in order to use the Move to iOS app.
- When you’re ready, open the Move to iOS app on your Android device and follow what the app prompts.
- Enter the same code on Android that’s displayed on your iPhone, please continue and be sure to select WhatsApp right within the Transfer Data screen.
- We’re ready to start the process to transfer data: tap START on your Android device and please hold on until all data is migrated. You will be signed out from your Android device once the data is fully migrated.
- Tap NEXT to return to the Move to iOS app. Finally, you can continue to transfer the data from your Android device to your iPhone and wait for the Move to iOS app to complete the process.
- After activating your iOS device, install the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger from the App Store: log into WhatsApp by using the same phone number used on your old Android device, tap START and please hold on.
- After logging into WhatsApp for iPhone, your chats and media on WhatsApp will finally show up.
When you transfer your chat history across different platforms, WhatsApp is not able to see the data you transfer.
In addition, you need to manually enable the end-to-end encrypted backup option right within WhatsApp for iPhone if you want, even if you already enabled encrypted backups on WhatsApp for Android.
Mark Zuckerberg shared his vision for WhatsApp Communities two months ago, including message reactions and other new features, and the Move chats to iOS feature are considered another step forward that improves the app.