Android 12 Finally Octavi OS is here | First Look
Another year, another Android release. As you might expect, this year’s release will be called Android 12 since Google ditched its dessert naming scheme for Android 2 years ago. Even if Android 12 won’t officially have a tasty dessert tie-in, that doesn’t mean that Google has entirely given up on giving its OS releases a dessert name. While last year’s Android 11 (Android “R”) release was internally called “Red Velvet Cake”, this year’s Android 12 (Android “S”) release seems to be called “Snow Cone”.
With Android 12‘s AOSP source drop yesterday, many were left wondering (particularly those with Pixel devices) when they would get to use a fully complete version of the latest and greatest Android experience. We’ve already seen a number of beta builds from OEMs like OPPO, OnePlus, and Samsung for select devices, but there are no stable releases yet and there likely won’t be for a while. Having said that, the public availability of the Android 12 source code means that custom ROMs are now due to come at any time, and indeed, they have already started appearing on our forums.
Don’t Miss :- Dolby Atmos – All devices
Android 12 is the twelfth major release and 19th version of Android, the mobile operating system developed by the Open Handset Alliance led by Google. The first beta was released on May 18, 2021. Android 12 was released publicly on October 4, 2021 and is the latest Android version to date.
Octavi OS :-
Octavi OS is based on AOSP & is just one of the Best Custom ROMs available in the Community. New build is up with ver. 3.0 & based on Android 12. Take a look at the changelog below…
– Welcome Android 12 (Initial release)
– Added Monet implementation from ProtonAOSP
– Redesigned Settings Homepage
– Added a user card on homepage
– Introduced Greeter (Insulter basically xD)
– Enabled 2 Button navigation bar
– Added 3 finger Screenshot
– Introduced PixelPropUtils
– Enabled Themed icons
– Added overlays so Google apps are following monet too (Update Google apps from play store after flash)
– Reduced screenshot dismiss delay time
– Enabled one hand mode by default (Swipe on navbar)
– Added min and Max refrest rate options
– Added Double tap 2 sleep in Octavi Launcher
– Enabled Mic and Camera toggle tiles
– Enabled A12 beta features (Ripple on charge and unlock)
– Added overlays to make Power menu more consistent with UI
– Something else that I might forgot
Note: Features will be added from next release with Octavi Lab addon.
Phone App ? Click here
Messages App ? Click here
Credits :- Rahul Mishra
Octavi OS – Apps :- Click here
For Redmi Note 5 Pro users
- This is an FDE build so if you are on FBE rom then you must need to Format data (wipe internal)
- OctaviOS is based on my own FDE trees so bugs might be more or less with other A12 roms
- If you are a SD Card user then please flash https://t.me/whyredupdates/12507 recovery to avoid any recovery stuck issue.
- In A12 kernels needs special stuff to boot. So do not change kernel. You can switch to kernels with A12 support.
- If you face screen flickers (You won’t mostly). Don’t panic… It will go away as you use the phone
- Music from local media player is dead but PowerAmp works fine. Also Spotify , Youtuber music and other apps like Files go and telegram have no issues with audio
- CTS is not passing by default, You need to use magisk to do so
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, head over to our Updates Channel
Don’t Miss :- Most Underrated Custom ROM
Join our Telegram Channel for more Updates Here
Join our Telegram Cloud Channel for all the Files Direct Links Here
Thanks for Coming…..!!
Watch Video Review :- [old & new respectively]